Totaal aantal pageviews

maandag 17 januari 2022

Monday Mural





I saw this painting in Leeuwarden, the capital of the Dutch province of Friesland. I think in the beginning of 2021. 
In 2018, Leeuwarden was the so-called cultural capital of Europe and there were many activities. Among other things, many murals were made at that time.


If I understood it all correctly, this one has been a collaboration between Earth Crusher and Five8.  I think they're both from Montreal. 

The building is the town hall of Leeuwarden, the back. I love it when a building is part of a painting, or the other way round.

The work is named Fast Forward. 

The artists also honoured M. C. Escher, (the famous artist who was born in Leeuwarden), by including the polyhedron known as Eschers Solid. 

Oh and that 00-58, that''s Leeuwardens phonenumber. 

Linking to Sami's Colourful World


15 opmerkingen:

Sami zei

I like it :) Very futuristic and nice colours.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Bertie.

Amy zei

I think it's been done very well, I'm coming up with concepts about what the man is doing on the mural.

miekequilt zei

Zo, die is mooi. Groot en heel mooi gemaakt. Ik dacht dat 0058 op de makers sloeg. Toevallig hetzelfde getal.

Judy zei

Mooi!

Emie zei

Fijne kleuren en leuk ook dat rechter mannetje!

In de weer zei

Schitterend !

KnutzEls zei

Deze is een absolute topper voor mij. Prachtig!

biebkriebels zei

Een interessante mural, mooi gemaakt.

Sjoerd zei

Weer een hele mooie vandaag...

Tom zei

...this is fabulous! M. C. Escher is a favorite artist of mine, we have a small mural by him in our town.

Nietzomaarzooo zei

Genieten!

Hans zei

A Blue Monday Mural, oeps dat is eng blue monday.
Gelukkig weinig blauw. Hans

Nicole Orriëns zei

Bij deze mural vind ik het mooi hoe ze met de kleuren de vorm van het gebouw als het ware gevolgd hebben!

Marthy zei

Ja, dit is prachtig, in het bouwwerk opgenomen.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth zei

Once again I'm late visiting. You are always so prompt, and I am always so late (sad face). I love this mural. I especially like the man climbing the ladder. It's very colordful, too. What a great homage to Escher.