Totaal aantal pageviews

maandag 31 januari 2022

Monday Mural

 

I don't know anything about this mural. 

Not who made it, not who is pictured here and not why. I'm not even sure of the century and certainly not of the year


I only know that I saw this gentleman at the NDSM site in Amsterdam. Near the museum Straat, for street art and graffiti. Two weeks ago.
And of course I know that I really like this one.

I couldn't stand the fact that I couldn't find anything about the maker(s). So finally: Found. With the help of my husband. It's Tsar Peter the Great, made by Myhoodisgood

The museum is now open after our lockdown, so soon I will go back and have a look again. 


Linking to Sami's Colourful World 


20 opmerkingen:

Sami zei

Nice mural Bertie. He looks like a distinguished gentleman from the 1700's.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

miekequilt zei

Wat een prachtig portret. Ben benieuwd of je meer te weten komt over wie het is en wie het maakte.

Sjoerd zei

Maar mooi is deze zeker. Sommige artiesten kunnen zo'n beeld "levend" maken.

Mevrouw W. zei

Heel erg mooi! Misschien weten ze er in het museum meer van af.

Mormorsweb.blogspot.com zei

Wat een prachige schildering van deze statige heer. Veel genieten weer in het museum.

Marlou zei

Ha Bertiebo,

lijkt me de kop van Händel, weet niet zeker.
Maar wel een gave kop!

Groetjes, Marlou

KnutzEls zei

Ik gok op Voltaire.... Maar hij kijkt wel een beetje bedrukt. Zou die daar al lang zijn?

Jolande zei

Knap gemaakt.

Azka Kamil zei

Nice mural Bertie

biebkriebels zei

Het lijkt wel haast een foto, knap gedaan.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth zei

It stands out against the cartoonish images on either side of him. Reminds me of Haydn or Mozart because of the hairstyle.

Tom zei

...I like it too and find the colorful graffiti style of either side a nice frame!

klaproos zei

prachtig

Mae Travels zei

Everyone seems to think he's an 18th century composer because of the style of dress & wig. Clothes make the man.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Emie zei

Dit is serieuze kunst.

Mrs. T. zei

Ik vind hem prachtig! Wie het ook is.

Marthy zei

Anders dan anders maar heel mooi.

Cath zei

It is so well done. It can be frustrating not knowing anything about these art pieces so I am glad you were able to find out.

Iris Flavia zei

You could´ve sold it as Beethoven to me... Impressive.

Nicole Orriëns zei

Jeetje, wat kijkt die meneer gekweld... Het lijkt alsof hij erg naar de wc moet, maar dat het niet wil lukken.